Being fat sucks.
And let’s not dance around it, either.
There are literally no upsides to being fat — unless you’re trying to impress a toxic enabling fetishist, but I repeat myself.
We now live in an age where movements such as “fat acceptance” and “body positivity” have been designed or co-opted to shirk blame for one’s poor life choices.
I, a former fatty, know all too well how crap it is to be fat.
There is nothing positive about it. The fleeting dopamine hits you acquire via pizza goes away quick, and then there’s nothing but regret.
Of course, wanting to make a change and breaking bad habits are easier said than done.
Nearly 95% of all diets fail — mostly because they’re unsustainable.
But that’s enough of that — let’s just right into the list:
1) You’re Less Traditionally Attractive
2) Chronic Inflammation
3) Digestive Problems
5) Weaker Immune System
6) Low Testosterone
7) Joint & Back Pain
8) Poor Skin
9) Hormonal Imbalances
10) Low Testosterone
11) Lower Energy Levels
12) Social Exclusion
13) Insulin Resistance
14) Proneness to Type II Diabetes
16) Stretch Marks
17) High Blood Pressure
18) Increased LDL Cholesterol & atherosclerosis
20) Sleep Apnea
21) Reduced Athletic Performance/sedentary lifestyle
22) Chronic Heartburn
23) Injury Proneness due to extra load
24) Shorter Life Expectancy
25) Proneness to Metabolic Syndrome
26) Increased Risk of Cancer
27) Increased Risk of Heart Disease
28) Body Odor
30) Finding fitting clothes
31) Finding flattering clothes
32) Body image issues — reluctance to disrobe in public settings e.g. pool, beach
33) Low(er) Self-Esteem
34) Reproductive Issues
35) Low sperm count
36) Poor circulation
37) Erectile dysfunction
38) Low libido
39) Heavier breathing/Mouth breathing
40) Higher likelihood of dying from disease
41) Greater-than-average medical costs
42) Difficulty in adopting healthier dietary habits
43) Increased risk of sudden death
44) Increased risk of psychological issues stemming from obesity
46) Skin problems related to extra bulk/extra hygiene required
48) Higher likelihood of developing stress injuries
49) Loose skin
50) Increased risk of stroke
If you’re currently fat and some of these points have affected you — which, I’m sure at least a handful will — don’t fret or be alarmed since there are various courses of action you can take.
The internet is a trove of resources that can lead you to a better, healthier, and happier you.